Passive Two-Phase Immersion Cooling explained:
CoolTanks™ are modular immersion cooling tanks with standard capacities of 25kW. Current systems are provided with 700 by 700 mm form factor.
CoolTanks™ are designed for our Blockchain Container Units. Tanks also can be installed in traditional data center.
Here is conceptual design of a Container Unit:
Modular Immersion Cooling Tanks for 25kW
- Lowest PUE guaranteed, specially in demanding climate of UAE
- Lowest build cost per kW compared to any other solution
- Also available for installation at traditional facilities
3M™ Novec™ Engineered Fluids
- Environmentally friendly, non-toxic and non-flammable
- Various fluids and boiling points (34°C, 49°, 56°C, etc)
- Fluids are odorless and not oily (hardware comes out dry)
- Fluids are non-conductive and inert, useful life of 30 years
- Inherent fire protection
- Customizable design
- Built for HPC, including GPU, CPU or ASIC based systems
- Up to 30 kW per tank with high performance condenser
- Integrated vent keeps fluid and vapor inside and dirt/dust outside
- Integrated 150 Amp 3-phase power feed to each tank
- No raised floor or high ceiling requirement
More Efficient Than Air, Water or Oil
Traditional cooling systems that use air, water or oil are complex and costly. The simplified approach of open bath immersion cooling offers a true alternative solution, saving large amounts of energy, greenhouse emissions and space. It also resolves a number of today’s engineering bottlenecks, allows manufacturers to build better hardware without heat transfer constraints, while also being much cheaper and less complex to build.
It’s an open and future proof platform and it will play an important role in solving the energy crises we see in datacenters today. It’s a great solution for facilitating Blockchain and artificial intelligence use cases.
Removes thermal bottlenecks from device and facility level. No thermal overhead for hardware designers.
Lowest PUE possible, even without free cooling. Hardware runs cooler and faster without thermal throttling.
Hardware is reduced to not much more than chips on boards, does not require fans, water blocks or pumps. Fluid is all that’s needed.
Same simple infrastructure no matter if you run 20kW, 200kW or 500kW per rack.
If you are interested you can visit our showroom in Jebel Ali (available in September 2018).
Please contact our application engineers by email – email@example.com.